Saturday, April 24, 2010

pre-planned tour vs. my own itinerary

the night my husband and i decided to go to japan, i started looking at various travel agencies and tours online... many of them had some great things planned but none of them had everything and they all had things to do that i wasn't so interested in. they also seemed very rushed. i decided that if this was to be the trip of my dreams, i'd have to plan it myself. i had no idea what an undertaking that would be!

of course, i've been planning this trip in my mind for years but to map it all out and try to make everything fit in a logical and realistic way has turned out to be quite difficult. i'm not quite done yet and we're leaving in a little more than 2 weeks!

if anyone out there wants to share their own experience with me of travelling abroad with either a tour group or your own plans and/or has any tips for me, i'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment